Aspirations of Life’s programs are designed to provide intervention prevention to youth. Our programs empower youth and their family to live healthy and productive lives.
D.I.V.A Female Mentoring Program
The purpose of D.I.V.A (Distinguished~ Intelligent~ Valued~ Articulate) is to empower, cultivate, educate and uplift our young ladies. We provide support in the areas of behavior, moral values, confidence, academics, team work, leadership, self- esteem, conflict resolution, healthy relationship building, careers, money management and intern opportunities. We encourage and embrace girls ages 10-17 years of age to realize their full potential in spite of circumstances that might arise. They become more self sufficient, reliable, and confident within themselves.
S.W.A.G Male Mentoring Program
S.W.A.G (Successful~ Wise~ Accountable~ Gifted) Male Mentoring Program is designed to give males between the ages of 10-17 tools that will ultimately form strong and responsible leaders of tomorrow. We provide support in the areas of behavior, moral values, confidence, academics, team work, self- esteem, conflict resolution, healthy relationship building, careers, money management and intern opportunities. The program is based on teaching young men the importance of integrity, accountability, independence, leadership and moral stability.
Individualized Mentoring and Tutoring Program
This program matches youth with an adult mentor/tutor. The mentor/tutor meets with their client at minimum once per week. Youth participate in individual as well as group sessions. Overall outcomes include decrease in at-risk behaviors, increases in academic progress, and improved peer and adult relationships.
Aspirations of Life has identified several community outreach initiatives to support the community. Each are designed to improve the quality of life for community residents, particularly low-income individuals, or those dealing with extreme circumstances.
- Coat Drive- Serving adults and children in need.
- Toy Drive- Benefiting “Children Fighting Cancer”
- Prom Initiative- Support for students attending senior prom.
- Back to School Give Away- To provide free school supplies. The event also provides parents with information about services that would benefit individual family members and/or the family as a whole.
- Adopt A Family- Provide children with toys, clothing, and other necessities for the holiday season. In addition, we provide the entire family with a food basket for their holiday meal.
Family Support Services:
- Case Management- Advocates to provide options and services to meet individual and family needs.
- Furniture Bank (Referring Agency) Provides furniture and household items to low-income families. We help assist families that are coping with crisis like domestic violence, job loss, or financial hardship.
- Housing- Assists families to find affordable housing
- Toxicology Site- to help eliminate the barriers that separate family re-unification by offering a convenient location that serves families in need of mandatory DCFS toxicology testing.